Tuesday, April 21, 2009


Dear Diary,

It’s me again!

Last month I went to Tombstone, AZ. There was a road closed off to vehicles. There were stagecoaches though, and they were allowed on the road. The road was dust, and the sidewalk planks. There were beautiful horses. Walking down this road, I felt like a real live Cowgirl! There were sounds of talking, and the occasional whinny of a horse. I got of a picture with John Wayne (a cardboard statue), went panning for “gold,” got an old-fashioned sepia photo, and bought the coolest pen at the Tombstone Epitaph. My favorite thing I did was panning for “gold.” My favorite thing at Boothill cemetery was the mist room. It was cool inside, but hot outside. The Tombstone motto is, ‘THE TOWN TOO TOUGH TO DIE.’ Back in the 1880’s, Marshal Wyatt Earp won a shootout in less than one minute! where the OK corral is, now.

Tombstone sure is a great place!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice! Tombstone sounds like a cool place to visit. I've never been there, of course, but I'll take your word for it. Hey, I like horses. But maybe that's because I am one. Do you remember me? I miss your visits.

Love, Snowman

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Grandpa Tim here. So the "mist room" was your favorite thing at the Boot Hill Cemetary. Interesting! We have lots of those misting things here in Arizona. Helps to keep a person cool when they go places. Lots of shopping places have them outside on their patios.

That was a fun day with you in Tombstone. I am glad we all went there. Well all except for Grandma Carol and Daddy.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice. Here's something you could write about sometime... Make a list of the ten funniest words in the dictionary. I think "pickle" is a funny word. Also "cantankerous" and "doodle" and "toot." What are your favorite funniest? Or, you could make up ten funny words and write their definitions. - Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hello Alice. This is Grandma. I hope you are going to add another post soon because I sure enjoy reading the things you write. Ta ta.

E on April 26, 2009 at 5:29 PM said...

Hi Grandma,

Sorry I don't have anything to post, but hopefully something exciting will happen soon that I can write about.

Alice

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice. Do you have anything interesting to write about? I sure do look forward to reading more posts on your blog.

I'm not sure if you have an e-mail address, but I thought you might find this message from me next time you look at your blog. I ran across a cute limerick. Do you like limericks? I used to make them up when I was a kid. This one is funny. It's even funnier if you read it outloud:

There was an old man of Peru,
Who dreamt he was kissing his shoe.
He woke in the night
In a terrible fright
And found it was perfectly true.

I once took the Duchess to tea
She was tense as a person could be.
Her rumblings abdominal
Were simply phenomenal—
And everyone thought it was me!

A flea and fly in a flue,
Were imprisoned so what could they do?
Said the flea let us fly.
Said the fly let us flee.
So they flew through a flaw in the flue.

Love, Grandma C

 

School Diary Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez Blogger Templates